Friday 22 August 2014

The king of sleeves


Eirian - the Grass King



It's been a while since my last post. Still struggling with artist's block. I've often found that I get 'blocked' when I'm procrastinating. I love painting faces, 'cause faces are fun... and they allow me to ignore clothing - which I suck at. I also tend to avoid jewelry 'cause I find metallic surfaces difficult to render. But it ain't gonna get better unless you have a bash at it. And so I decided to focus on this painting of my elf king Eirian - face inspired as per usual by handsome Bradley James/King Arthur from Merlin - and deal with some textiles and accessories. And it's taken a little while... but it's been fun. It's so easy to get stuck in your comfort zone... and then you forget how awesome it is to tackle new challenges, even when they frustrate the crap out of you. 

The bling is inspired by the beautiful jewelry I recently purchased from Raven Eve. Visit her store here - Raven Eve Jewelry
Check it out, it's amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment