Sunday 9 February 2014

Roll with the punches

Thomas Earl
Face number four... Still haven't caught up yet. Had a fair few things to sort out today before I could get to painting. Also, this one took longer than I'd planned. Spot of artists block. Uuurgh *shivers*.
As much as I enjoy painting bruises, there is a reason for this particular shiner. I had a fantastic childhood. My parents are awesome and my brother rocks. Tom Petty had a few issues growing up. Or rather, his father had issues with him - which he expressed... well, you can guess how he expressed it. And how did Tom Petty respond? By growing up to become a famous musician and all round lovely guy. Mr Petty, I salute you! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, all these portraits of Tom Petty are gorgeous! He's got such an interesting face. You really did it justice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I just love his face, his muscle structure around his mouth and chin... he's so sculptable :-) And he makes awesome music :-D

      Delete